Artrix, Slideslow Drive, Bromsgrove, B60 1PQ
Natalie Haynes, writer and broadcaster, will talk about being a judge for the Man Booker Prize 2013 and her new novel
Natalie Haynes is a writer, classicist and broadcaster. She has written for The Independent, The Times, The Observer and The Guardian, and she is a frequent voice on Radio 4. Her latest radio series, Natalie Haynes Stands Up For The Classics, will be broadcast in 2014. Her first novel, The Amber Fury, is published in March 2014. Previous books include The Ancient Guide to Modern Life.
She has spoken about classics everywhere from the Voltaire Lecture in Bloomsbury to Chicago Ideas Week. She was judge of the Orange Prize in 2012, the Man Booker Prize in 2013, and the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize in 2014. So please don't ask her to read anything because her eyes hurt.
- 8pm until 9:30
- Talk lasting 40 minutes, followed by wine or coffee. Question and answer session, book signing.
- Books available to buy. Convivial atmosphere
- A chance to meet writers and make contact
- To hear first hand what writers explore in their work
- The nature and process of writing
- Issues and ideas they pursue
Visit www.bromsgrovewords.com for more details