Tell Me What You Want Project
Bromsgrove Arts Alive is a member of Bromsgrove Arts and Culture Consortium, a consortium of the largest arts, culture and heritage organisations in Bromsgrove District.
Over the last 18 months BACC has worked with our research partner Beatfreeks on “Tell Me What You Want”, conducting research with more than 1000 members of the public, BAA members and other Bromsgrove organisations asking what people want from arts, culture and heritage in Bromsgrove.
View a short video of the project
A more detailed summary of the research phases and downloadable materials is below:
- Phase 1 – Who is (and isn’t) engaging with arts, culture and heritage in Bromsgrove? Read our Executive Summary report HERE.
- Phase 2 – Research by practice. What works in Bromsgrove? What barriers do people face engaging in arts, culture and heritage? Read our Phase 2 report HERE.
- Phase 3 – Cultural Vision and Action Plan. How does the arts, culture and heritage sector need to change in Bromsgrove? How will BACC make change happen? How can you help to make change happen? Download an Executive Summary of the Action Plan HERE. Download the full Action Plan HERE.
- Phase 4 – Celebration! As part of the Bromsgrove Christmas Lights Switch-On on Saturday 23rd November 2019, the Tell Me What you want project brought brand new interactive art to Worcester Road offering Bromsgrove District residents the chance to….. make films with their mobiles; contribute to a large scale drawing to unleash their creativity; rearrange enamelled jewellery to reflect what they believe is beautiful; engage in on-the-spot poetry.
- Phase 5 – Legacy. Want to understand who is and isn’t engaging in culture? Want to understand the barriers that people face to engagement? Want to trial and test more inclusive ways of working? Download our free toolkit HERE.
WE NEED YOU! BACC needs a community of ‘critical friends’ who will champion the action plan and tell us what is and isn’t working. Join the BACC Task Force to receive our update reports, be invited to our annual meeting and give us feedback. There’s no obligation – tailor your involvement to suit your needs. To sign up, email:
Arts Development Officer,
Bromsgrove District Council